Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hey there everyone!

Those who have met me at the meetings for Transitions North know me as Mark. Here on my Blogger I have the account name of Celestial Greens, a name speaking of the interconnectedness of the Universe above and the Nature below. I'm really excited to have met you all and i'm excited to see where we go as a group.

A lot of what i've learned over the years has led me to ask myself a lot of big questions. Is there a point towards living in any media that could be destroyed because of the loss of energy utilities? How will I really cope when the grid goes down? Am I really ready for when the Grid goes down? What does this mean for my Education over the next 5 years?

Over time i've come to one conclusion will all of the questions i've asked, there needs to be a sense of priorities with everything. I've always been an introspective person, and that being said, its important that I really try to make sense of what I know, and not overwhelm myself with senseless doomsday info that is just going to make me fall apart emotionally. It only seems practical for anyone who deals with this forhtcoming knowledge about the changing of society that we strategize towards the bettering of our own needs and the needs of others.

That being said, I want to learn about how to live better on my own. I need to know what it is I need to eat, I need to know how to clothe myself warmly, I need to be prepared to possibly survive in a place where there might not be food around me at every moment. I need to work towards skill sets of gardening, storage, and many other basic tasks that the everyday person has never even thought about for probably half of their lives. Now how does one do this, when really one might not have the chance to even go out and buy a prepping book that talks about different kinds of material that is useful? Well thats why I'm here.

Over the next 6 months or so, I plan to blog on my endeavors as I begin to learn tasks that are essential towards living off the land. I plan to post different pictures of the materials I am beginning to save up and different skills I will be teaching myself. I want to share this with you all, as I know that even if some of what i'm learning is stuff you might have learned, it might be good for those who don't know as much to have a chance to learn this in a time where finding information can be an extreme challenge when there is so much, and so little time.

I don't know if I will ever be prepared enough, I don't know if any of this will be helpful to any of you all, regardless I just want others to know, its ok to not know. As long as we all do our part and work towards something, we will move towards a better life.

Celeste


1 comment:

  1. Mark, sounds like you have a good plan. Looking forward to finding out what you find out about in the coming months. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete